Friends of Lory State Park – Development Director
If you are interested in applying for this unpaid, volunteer position with the Friends’ Board of Directors, please visit: https://www.loryfriends.org/our-board/ to download an application form and return, with a resume to the Friends group. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Karen Wheeler.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. Reporting to and in partnership with the President of the Board, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as the Friends of Lory State Park transitions from a volunteer recruitment focus to a fundraising focus, in keeping with the group’s Mission Statement. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to shape and build the development function.
- Develop and execute the Friends annual fundraising plan
- Develop and secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Work closely with Communications Director and Coordinator of Special Events to organize, publicize and execute fundraising projects
- Work closely with Communications Director to create appropriate collateral materials (brochures, appeal letters, newsletter & web stories)
- Work closely with Grant Writing Committee to organize and execute grant requests
- Work with Treasurer to oversee gift processing and Thank You’s
- Develop and track reports for all fundraising
- Work closely with all BOD members to create, organize and execute FoLSP Annual Report.
- At least ten years experience in development, preferably specifically in small non-profit fundraising a plus.
- Excellence in organizational, managerial, goal-setting and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others within and outside the Friends group
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail