The Friends of Lory State Park is always seeking qualified applicants for its Board of Directors. FoLSP by-laws provide for a minimum of 4 and maximum of 15 board members, each to serve a 3-year term in staggered sessions.
- Ideation roles: visualize, discover, invent, and promote ideas.
- Guiding roles: manage, navigate, oversee, and develop ideas.
- Building roles: implement, execute, and transform ideas into processes.
- Improving roles: expand, reduce, and fine tune existing products and processes.
- Understanding of and a commitment to support the mission and vision of Friends of Lory and Lory State Park.
- Willingness to support the group with time and finances.
- Willingness to help raise money through fundraisers, contributions, gifts, and grants.
- Willingness to help recruit new board members.
- Willingness to help recruit volunteers.
- Proven ability to craft strategies and establish priorities.
- Proven ability to implement plans and programs.
- Experience with a non-profit organization and an understanding of non-profit management and best practices are desirable, but not necessary.
- Willingness to devote 8-12 hours a month to board responsibilities, including 1½ – 2 hour monthly board meetings and other meetings as necessary.
Experience and skill sets sought:
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
- Grant Writing
- Event Planning
- Social Media
- Accounting or Financial experience
- Legal experience
- Volunteer Management
- Organizational management experience
- Natural Resources Management
- Leadership Experience