Volunteer with Friends of Lory State Park!
The Friends of Lory offers many ways for volunteers to get involved with the protection, preservation and enhancement of Lory State Park. Volunteers play an active role in helping the Friends achieve our vision to foster stewardship, enhance educational and recreational opportunities, and advocate quality programs for visitors of all ages and abilities in partnership with the Park staff and management.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Volunteer naturalists who work with the Park’s Environmental Educator
- Park & trail maintenance: help with invasive plant management, trail building and maintenance, equestrian jump course maintenance, and the Lory Mountain Bike Skills Park.
- Special Events: Assist with special interest group events (races, trail days, etc)
“Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” ~Sherry Anderson
Or, volunteer to be a part of one of the committees working with, and advising, the Friends of Lory State Park Board of Directors which include: Communications, Fundraising, Membership and Trails.
Volunteers with specific skills are needed for the following:
- Event Coordination
- Membership outreach
- Newsletter writers and photographers
- Photography Organizer/Manager
- Fundraising & Grant Writing
- Social Media Coordinator
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your skills and area of interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
Serve on the Board
The Friends of Lory would like to hear from individuals interested in serving on the Friends’ Board of Directors. Please see the Board of Directors Application for more information. Email us with any questions at email@example.com.